TMJ Treatment Bradford, Keswick & Orangeville
TMJ (TMD) Therapy in Bradford, Keswick & Orangeville
The temporomandibular joint (TMJ) is the hinge-like joint that connects your jawbones to the temporal bones in front of each ear. If either of these joints becomes misaligned or starts to function improperly, this can lead to a number of painful symptoms. Temporomandibular joint disorders (TMDs) can be particularly difficult to diagnose since the symptoms can be incredibly varied among dental patients. Causes and symptoms of TMJ disorders can include:
Signs And Symptoms Of TMD
- Severe clenching of the teeth
- Bruxism (grinding teeth while stressed or overnight)
- Headaches with symptoms that resemble
- sinus, cluster, or migraine headaches
- Extreme sensitivity of the scalp and head
- Buzzing or ringing in the ears
- Pain in the ear that resembles an ear infection
- Persistent sore throat
- Difficulty swallowing
- Frequent pain or pressure behind the eyes
- Inability to open the jaw completely
- Tightness or soreness of the jaw
- Clicking or popping when opening and closing the jaw
- Constant pain in the temporomandibular joint
- Limited lateral movement of the jaw
- Pain, tightness, and/or limited mobility of the neck and back
Contact us Today For TMJ Treatment In Bradford, Keswick & Orangeville
Once diagnosed, there are a variety of TMJ treatment options that can be explored. Dependent upon the severity of your TMJ symptoms, we often collaborate with a variety of TMJ specialists in other medical disciplines (physiotherapists, chiropractors, cranio/mandibular specialists, and/or massage therapists) to offer a comprehensive solution that gets to the root cause as opposed to temporarily masking the symptoms. If you are experiencing any of the bothersome symptoms listed above, please don’t hesitate to contact one of our family dental clinics in Bradford, Keswick, and Orangeville.
Our team of dental health professionals is able to offer a broad range of treatments and procedures to meet the great majority of dental health needs in our community.
At RiverEdge Dental, our professionals can combine a variety of dental treatments and procedures to achieve a complete restoration of the mouth when necessary.
Whether you are in need of a regular crown restoration or are ready for implant-restored dental crowns, our dentists are skilled and able to offer the right treatment.
Many of our patients have taken advantage of our sleep dentistry options when they are about to undergo extensive dental work to minimize any pain, discomfort, or anxiety.