INVISALIGN® INVISIBLE BRACES BRADFORD, KESWICK & ORANGEVILLE
When orthodontic intervention is required, Invisalign® has become a very popular course of treatment. It replaces the traditional wire and bracket approach with a series of clear plastic aligners. These aligners (trays) are fitted to gradually shift the teeth into their appropriate position. Invisalign® can be an appropriate course of treatment in cases where there are significant gaps between teeth, when there is an overbite, underbite, crossbite, open bite or when significant crowding of the teeth exists. Call us to schedule a consultation to find out if this is a viable treatment solution for you.
INVISALIGN PROVIDER ORANGEVILLE, KESWICK & BRADFORD – BENEFITS OF INVISALIGN
When compared to the traditional approach to braces, Invisalign® offers a number of unique advantages. These benefits include:
- Comfort – The custom designed and fabricated aligners offer superior comfort. One common complaint with traditional braces is that the metallic edges can cut or irritate the soft tissue of the gums, lips and cheeks. The lightweight plastic trays that Invisalign® uses instead of the metallic wires and brackets eliminates any such discomfort completely.
- Invisibility – Many people do not like the look of traditional braces. Invisalign® trays are made of clear plastic and provide a virtually invisible solution.
- Being Food Friendly – Being removable, the trays do not prevent you from eating all of the foods that you normally do. You simply remove the aligners, eat, brush your teeth and then return the aligners back into place.
- Accessibility – As mentioned above, the aligners are completely removable. This allows for a normal brushing and flossing routine throughout the entire course of treatment.
- Being More Comfortable – One common complaint with traditional braces is that the metallic edges can cut or irritate the soft tissue of the gums, lips and cheeks. The plastic trays that Invisalign® uses instead of the metallic wires and brackets avoid that problem altogether.
- Fewer Adjustments – Since several aligners can be given out at each appointment and usually fewer adjustments are required when compared to traditional braces, there are typically fewer appointments required throughout the course of treatment.
- Reviewable End Result – Invisalign® uses a treatment plan software that allows you to see what your smile will look like after treatment. This is an extremely powerful tool that often helps people make a decision whether or not Invisalign® is right for them.